|Minimally Invasive Surgery: A revolution in minature|
If you suffer from urinary incontinence, you're not alone. Approximately 13 million Americans experience sudden urine loss and the embarrassment it can cause. But you don't need to suffer any longer. Effective, long-term solutions are available and the experts at Hallmark Health, which operates Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford and Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, can not only help you overcome urinary incontinence, they can give you the power you need to reclaim your enjoyment of life.
The two most common forms of urinary incontinence are:
- Stress incontinence which is associated with urine leakage due to physical activity, like jumping, laughing or sneezing
- Urge incontinence which is characterized by a strong need to use the restroom and the inability to make it in time.
At Hallmark Health, patients benefit from a wide range of sophisticated treatment options in addition to a highly skilled staff of physicians. In fact, gynecologist Svetislav Lazich, M.D. has performed more TVT procedures than any other surgeon in the region.
Considered the gold standard of minimally invasive surgical treatment for stress incontinence, Tension-free Vaginal Tape (TVT):
- is a minimally invasive surgical procedure
- offers excellent results and minimal complications.
- procedure takes about 20 or 30 minutes to perform
- effects are immediate
- provides better support for the urethra and is extremely long lasting
For women with less advanced forms of urinary incontinence:
- new injectable agents and physical therapy are also available
- our physical therapy goes above and beyond Kegel exercises
Martha Welch Dyer, MD emphasizes the availability of treatment for a wide range of incontinence issues. The most important thing women need to realize is that urinary incontinence is not a normal part of the aging process that they have to live with. There are a variety of very good treatments available that can eliminate sudden urine loss, regardless of the type of incontinence a woman may have.
Minimally Invasive Surgery: A revolution in miniature
Minimally invasive surgery refers to a variety of procedures that use specially designed microsurgical instruments inserted into a patient's body through tiny incisions. Read More