The joyous holidays are in the past, the leftovers are packed in the refrigerator, your visitors have returned home and if you are like many other Americans, you have made weight loss your number one New Year’s Resolution. Unfortunately, the success rate of sticking to this resolution is very low.
We have put together 10 tips to help you succeed with your resolution to lose weight.
- Start with creating a realistic weight loss plan. Be sure your plan sets realistic goals. By establishing a plan, you will have something to refer back to on those unmotivated days.
- Keep a record of your progress. Track what you eat, how much you exercise, how you feel and your daily weight.
- Recruit a friend or family member to help you stay on track. Ideally it would be someone who has similar weight loss goals. Share your goals with one another
- If you haven’t already, eliminate your temptations by getting rid of your left over holiday treats.
- Try to eliminate the alcoholic beverages and sodas, rather drink lots of water. A glass of water or hot tea is great alternatives to empty calorie drinks.
- Get back on schedule. By getting back into your day-to-day schedule, you are more likely to stick to your weight loss plan.
- Don’t skip sleep. Your body needs sleep to re-energize itself.
- Portion control is very important. Being aware of your portions or serving size is important an important weight loss factor.
- Get up and moving daily. If you don’t have time to hit the gym, try a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood or jump rope in the garage.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you falter on a particular day. We all falter, it is normal. Tomorrow is a new day.
By following these steps, you success rate will increase and you will feel better about your weight loss journey.