- Maternal - Newborn Services
- Level II Special Care Nursery
- Preparing to care for your baby
- Baby Friendly Hospital
- Melrose-Wakefield Hospital Baby Café
- The Breastfeeding Support Center
- Newborn Screenings
- Pain Management Options
- Special Care Nursery
- Education and Information
- Visitor Information
- Birth Certificate Information
- Prenatal & Community Health Education
- Safety & Security
- Maternity Tour Schedule
- Web Nursery
- Contact Us
- All Pages
Level II Special Care Nursery
Melrose-Wakefield Hospital’s Level II Special Care Nursery provides a higher level of care and scope of services than those provided in the newborn nursery. Affiliated with Tufts Medical Center, our Special Care Nursery is staffed 24 hours a day by neonatologists and specially trained neonatal registered nurses, focused on providing technologically advanced medical care.
Our Level II Special Care Nursery’s comprehensive medical care team also includes a lactation consultant, registered dietitian, respiratory therapist, physical therapist and social worker. Our team is committed to providing newborns and their parents the highest quality of care and services possible, in a compassionate and supportive environment.
For more information on our Special Care Nursery, click here.