Leading the Way
The Cardiac and EndovascularCenter is another example of how Hallmark Health System has earned a reputation as a leader in the region for providing specialized care. This distinction allows us to attract highly qualified physicians devoted to patients and focused on positive outcomes through diagnosis and treatments that improve the quality of life. The following are just some examples of how Hallmark Health has been leading the way north of Boston for Cardiac and Endovascular services:
- First community hospital in our area to begin performing emergency coronary intervention with stents in the heart and quickly became the leader in the region.
- Hallmark Health is pleased that Melrose-WakefieldHospital was selected by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) to participate in a study of elective (non-emergent) percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). The hospital is one of only ten throughout the Commonwealth to participate in the MASS COMM Study. This program studies the success of elective PCI in hospitals with and without on-site cardiac surgery back-up. Elective (non-emergent) PC I is available at Hallmark Health as part of the MASS COMM clinical registry.
- First cardiac catheterization laboratory in area; recently upgraded with the latest in digital catheterization equipment.
- One of the few community hospitals to provide sophisticated endovascular procedures, including minimally invasive endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm – a procedure not often available at community hospitals.
- Melrose-WakefieldHospital and LawrenceMemorialHospital are designated “Primary Stroke Services” Centers through the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
For more information about the Cardiac and EndovascularCenter, or to learn more about our doctors, call us at (781) 979-3999.
News & Events
Tuesday, December 16 2014 22:01